Lytx® has announced a new, pre-built integration with Fleetio, a web- and mobile-based Software as a Service (SaaS) company, designed to help fleets automate their operations and keep their vehicles and equipment running smoothly. Clients now have expanded capabilities as Lytx’s best-in-class video safety and video telematics technology is linked with Fleetio’s advanced vehicle health lifecycle and maintenance program.
"Fleetio is excited for this new integration that empowers customers to seamlessly connect fleet safety and maintenance data," says Tyson Goeltz, chief revenue officer at Fleetio. "Lytx and Fleetio together are surfacing deeper insights to help fleets thrive in today's competitive environment."
The Lytx and Fleetio data integration helps fleet managers quickly see and fix problems when they happen and anticipate upcoming maintenance needs. This helps vehicles run longer and more efficiently so managers can focus on other operational priorities. Designed to help fleets better control maintenance costs and understand utilization, the integration between Lytx and Fleetio also generates insightful data at each step of the process.
- Easy set up with a pre-built data connector and Lytx’s technical support team available to ensure a smooth implementation and onboarding process
- Increased (and earlier) visibility of problems by immediately being able to view Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) in Fleetio (subject to network connectivity). DTCs, also referred to as engine fault codes, are used to identify and diagnose malfunctions in a vehicle or piece of heavy equipment and can be used to create work orders and more.
- Reduced downtime by automatically tracking vehicle mileage and asset utilization with daily odometer readings that trigger service notifications at specified intervals.
- More efficiency and less manual processes with customizable triggers, thresholds, escalation paths, and maintenance workflows.
- Better, actionable data when odometer readings and DTCs are transformed into utilization insights and maintenance trends.
Alone, Fleetio's platform offers robust maintenance workflows to trigger work orders, parts and inventory ordering, inspections, and more. The new integration shares data between the Lytx Vision Platform and Fleetio’s software, where connected devices send valuable fleet tracking data directly to a client’s Fleetio account to initiate these workflows.
More specifically, Lytx DriveCam® devices transmit odometer and DTC data to a client’s Fleetio account. DTCs immediately create “fault codes” in Fleetio, which trigger client-configured maintenance and escalation workflows. Odometer readings are transmitted daily and are analyzed in Fleetio to monitor utilization, create service reminders, and more.
Currently, the Lytx and Fleetio data integration offers DTCs and other odometer data, with new insights planned for engine hours, vehicle location, and more this year.
Implementing the Lytx and Fleetio data integration
The Lytx and Fleetio data connector is pre-built, meaning there is minimal workload on a fleet’s IT team, and implementation is easy and fast. Lytx’s technical support team is available to ensure a smooth implementation and onboarding process. Once integrated, clients can simply “flip a switch” to instantly leverage Lytx data within the Fleetio application.
Lytx integrations are based on 25 years of experience in developing video and telematics technology and designing for ease of integration and enterprise scale. We’re here to help our clients every step of the way should they need any assistance and they can work directly with Lytx Technical Support to ensure successful integrations.
Note: There is no charge for the integration, but a subscription to Lytx’s Fleet Tracking Service and Fleetio’s fleet maintenance software is required.
Integration use cases
For a clearer picture on how clients can use this integration, here are three sample use cases:
- DTC maintenance workflow: The engine control module (ECM) sends an “engine overtemp condition” DTC through Lytx DriveCam to Fleetio, automatically creating a fault code workflow (the fault code workflow can be customized to follow an escalation path, issue notifications, etc.). Fleetio then allows a client to create a work order indicating the specific malfunction to the fleet technician. The client can track and confirm the fix, returning the vehicle to the road as fast as possible.
- Odometer readings for service intervals/reminders: The ECM sends odometer readings through Lytx DriveCam to a client’s Fleetio account daily. When a vehicle hits the pre-configured threshold for a mileage-driven maintenance item, it automatically triggers a service reminder to the manager in Fleetio. The client can then proactively schedule needed maintenance service.
- Utilization insights: Fleetio offers both utilization reporting based off odometer readings and insights that show DTC trends. A client’s ECM-sourced DTC fault codes are transmitted to their Fleetio account and managers can see if particular faults are trending upward. The insights also can uncover other fault patterns to help fleet managers make holistic decisions regarding additional maintenance or divestment.
In 2022, Lytx saved our clients an estimated over $402M on vehicle maintenance costs and $920M on fuel costs. Our integration with Fleetio is yet another way we’re innovating to help our clients save on maintenance and fuel, while improving operations and safety.
To learn more about the Lytx and Fleetio data integration and how it can work for your organization, click here.