Murphy-Hoffman Company sees 79% reduction in roadway collisions with Lytx
The DriveCam difference
Murphy-Hoffman Company operates a 665-vehicle fleet. Tackling fleet safety was a big task, and the company wanted to integrate a safety culture across all employees for personal and professional improvement.
Implementing the Lytx® Driver Safety Program was one of the biggest steps, because it allowed the company to manage safety proactively, rather than only after collisions happened.
Using video for coaching was a way to both address risky behaviors and recognize model behavior. In fact, the company began awarding top-performing employees on a regular basis.
Throughout the implementation of the program, Murphy-Hoffman stressed it was about fleet safety, not about policies and procedures. In the end, employees became better drivers in their personal lives as well.
- The need for a culture of safety for 3,500 employees and a 700-vehicle fleet
- Historically reactive management of collisions and injuries after the fact, versus a proactive approach
- Identified unsafe behavior before collisions and injuries happened
- Reduced collisions by 79% and injuries from preventable collisions to zero within the first year
- Improved driver seat belt usage by 58%
- Reduced traffic violations by 49% (without posted speed)
- Experienced employees going above and beyond their baseline training to be safer drivers
- Positive driver and employee engagement
- Implemented the Lytx® Driver Safety Program
- Utilized program data to coach risky driving and reward model behavior
- Focused on making drivers safer rather than just policy adherence
- Rolled out positive recognition program to build a shared vision and help with driver retention
We deliver the results fleets need.
We’ve delivered incredible results for our clients for more than 25 years.